NOAA weather historical data from this site is formated in a pretty strange mannger. Temperatures are in tenths of degrees but with no trailing zeros, so converting them a proper degree value in excel isn't straightforward or as quick as I would like. I wrote a small program that quickly formats the fields into an easier to read format.
I had an issue with a website offering some data I needed as an excel download. It turns out the download was only an html file with the extension changed. In order to faciliate quick conversion of this data into the format I needed I made a rather simple HTML to csv program in C++.