Consult An Attorney Before Dealing With Insurance Companies,
It is always best to consult a lawyer immediately after a car accident. You can at a minimum report the accident to your insurance company.
You should not speak to or give a statement about the other party’s insurer company. It may use your statement against your claim to reduce or deny your personal injury claim.
Trucking companies and insurance agents will attempt to place the blame on the victims of an auto or truck accident to avoid paying settlements. They want to pay as little or nothing as possible to all those involved in an accident. An insurance agent is a professional who works for a living. The average person is not equipped to defend their rights or fight for justice in such situations.
After a truck or car accident, our LA accident lawyers can help you. We can provide investigative and negotiation services as well as legal representation. If the other side is unwilling to offer a fair settlement, we can file a lawsuit for you. If we feel it will have better results for our clients, we are happy to take a case involving a car accident to court.
A truck or car accident case can provide closure, results, and justice for victims and their families. This will result in the following:
- Hold those responsible for their harm accountable
- Payment for medical bills, car repairs, and pain and suffering, as well as lost wages;
- To prevent others from being injured in similar ways, it is important to change the policies and practices of insurance companies, truck companies, and businesses.
- Assisting victims’ families in obtaining the closure and financial support they require to heal physically and emotionally.
Preparing For The Initial Consultation
Los Angeles auto accident lawyer must gather all information necessary to evaluate your situation.
We recommend that you bring as much information to the first consultation following a car accident as possible.
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Bills for emergency room visits
- Recordings for emergency rooms
- Information about the other driver, such as the driver’s name and address.
- Information about insurance for both the victims and their families
- Photos of the accident scene and your injuries
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers for witnesses
California law does not allow you to sue for pain and suffering compensation if you are not covered at the time of the accident. If you are not insured, speak to your lawyer.
This article was written by Alla Tenina. Alla is a top personal injury lawyer in Sherman Oaks CA, and the founder of Tenina law. She has experience in bankruptcies, real estate planning, and complex tax matters. The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only. Information on this website may not constitute the most up-to-date legal or other information. This website contains links to other third-party websites. Such links are only for the convenience of the reader, user or browser; the ABA and its members do not recommend or endorse the contents of the third-party sites.