What To Do If Someone Denies Hitting Your Car?


As responsible drivers, we all try our best to avoid accidents on the road. But sometimes, despite our best efforts, we find ourselves in situations where our car gets hit. It can be frustrating and overwhelming, especially when the other driver denies responsibility for the accident. 

Dealing with Denial: What to Do When the Other Driver Refuses to Admit Fault

1. Stay Calm and Gather Evidence

First and foremost, it’s essential to stay calm and not lose your temper. Losing your cool won’t help you in any way and can potentially make the situation worse. Instead, take a deep breath, stay focused, and gather as much evidence as you can. Take pictures of the damage to your car, the other driver’s car, and the surrounding area. If there were any witnesses to the accident, try to get their contact information.

2. Call the Police

Even if the damage to your car seems minor, it’s always a good idea to call the police. They can document the accident, talk to witnesses, and create an official police report. The police report can be crucial evidence if you need to file an insurance claim or take legal action.

3. Contact Your Insurance Company

Contact your insurance company as soon as possible after the accident, regardless of whether the other driver admits fault or not. Provide them with all the necessary information, including pictures and the police report. Your insurance company will investigate the claim and determine fault based on the evidence.

4. Hire a Personal Injury Attorney

If you’ve been in an accident, it’s always a good idea to consult with a personal injury attorney. They can help you navigate the legal process, deal with insurance companies, and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.

Being involved in a car accident can be a stressful experience, especially when the other driver denies responsibility for the accident. However, by staying calm, gathering evidence, calling the police, and contacting your insurance company and a personal injury attorney, you can protect your rights and receive the compensation you deserve.

Publisher’s Details:

Cohen & Marzban Personal Injury Attorneys
714 W Olympic Blvd STE 631, Los Angeles, CA 90015
(866) 973-6882

If you want to learn more about what you should do immediately after a car accident, check out our blog post titled “Everything You Need to Know After You Are in a Car Accident.” We offer a wide array of personal injury attorney services in Glendale, CA that can help you get the compensation you deserve for your personal injury case.