The sale or purchase of real estate is usually a large financial transaction, as it involves large amounts of money. In addition, this type of negotiation is fraught with complications and details that need attention. Any mistake during the process of buying or selling a property can cause astronomical losses! For this reason, it is very important to turn to a lawyer specializing in real estate law when making your real estate transactions.
In today’s conversation we will talk about the importance and role of good legal advice specialized in real estate law, so come!
What does a real estate attorney do? What is your role in negotiation?
The Lawyers specializing in real estate law are responsible for reviewing important documents such as property registration, mortgage guarantee or fiduciary alienation, due diligence on behalf of the sellers with the lifting of possible debts affecting the real estate transaction, analysis of the deed, rights, protests, titles, insurance policies, research and legal descriptions, ensuring that the process of buying or selling property goes smoothly and without causing losses.
Other duties of the real estate attorney include:
- Elaboration of the property purchase and sale promise contract and monitoring of the deed, until registration
- Analysis of legal issues about sellers and about the property to be negotiated
- Analysis of taxes and condominium debts on the property, as well as the valuations on it
- Analysis of real guarantees and rights over property
- Analysis of real estate acquisitions in judicial or extrajudicial auctions
- Ensuring that the process meets all governmental laws regarding the sale or purchase of property, in addition to avoiding errors that could be harmful to negotiation
- The real estate attorney also represents business interests in relation to a variety of legal issues, such as investment opportunities, construction and real estate development.
With all these vital points, the figure of the lawyer specialized in Real Estate Law is indispensable in any real estate transaction, right?
Tips for Choosing a Good Real Estate Lawyer
Hiring a lawyer is undoubtedly the most important decision when it comes to going to court if there is a problem, to ensure that your sale or purchase of property goes smoothly or to defend your interests in a real estate transaction.
This choice is not easy. Thinking about it, we have selected 5 tips for you to take into account when choosing the ideal lawyer for your legal advice:
Look for a lawyer specialized in Real Estate Law
Without a doubt, the first step when making your search. Like medicine, law also has ramifications. When you have to resolve issues involving buying or selling property, you must choose a lawyer who specializes in the area you need, namely in Real Estate Law. The ideal is to assess which field of law your request fits best.
Check the qualifications of the lawyer
Search if the lawyer completed the college and was approved by the Bar Association (OAB), as well as his experience in the real estate industry. When consulting the full name of the lawyer on the CNA (National Register of Lawyers) website, which is maintained by the Federal Council of the OAB, you obtain your registration number, proving that you are a professional certified by the institution. It is also possible to do research on the attorney’s performance on the websites of the Courts of Justice.