Employers normally have workers’ compensation insurance for a worker who is injured at work. The companies that most employers are dealing with are large scale insurance companies. When you are injured at work you, as an individual, have to deal with a huge company. This task becomes impossibly difficult when you are already injured.
Most workers settle for a much lesser amount than they are entitled to for the lack of proper negotiations. When you employ lawyers like workers compensation lawyer Fort Wayne you get committed lawyers who work tirelessly for you. Also, you only pay their fees once you have won the case. You should take into account a few steps to follow if you have suffered such an injury:
- Report the injury to your superior immediately and put everything in writing.
- Consult the doctor provided to you by your employer. If you are not satisfied by the medical treatment do not hesitate to take a second opinion.
- Keep the copies of all the reports and prescriptions given to you by the doctor.
- Do not miss or reschedule any appointments made by the workers’ compensation insurance carrier.
- Keep the copies of the accident reports and all other reports prepared by your superiors with you.
- Do not hesitate to go the authorities if you think your employer is harassing you for the compensation.
- Employer a good lawyer firm which can help you to receive compensation you deserve. You do not have to accept whatever your employer offers you.
- Track the time you were not able to work due to your work injury. If there is a permanent damage make sure you get the appropriate compensation.
- Get knowledge of the statutes protecting the rights of Indiana workers from the lawyers.